Sam Parr (@TheSamParr) and Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) talk about a big guest coming on soon and a few hilarious run-ins with celebrities. They get down to business and discuss the IP licensing industry. Shaan recalls the insane story of when he worked for the “King of Coal”. The guys also break down company spying, reverse engineering businesses, and robo-pets.
Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here:
Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: refer.fm/million
Sam Parr (@TheSamParr) and Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) discuss:
* (0:00) Intro
* (2:07) Jake Paul, Bill Clinton, the Pope and a Prince
* (12:12) TurnedYellow and the IP licensing business
* (21:20) Cronyism and the Indonesian King of Coal
* (32:30) “Business is the Art of Copying”
* (46:29) Are robo-pets the future?
* (52:13) The amazing story of the founding of Adidas
Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.